12 Şubat 2013 Salı

2013 BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE BEGINS

To contact us Click HERE
Yesterday, I started a 10 week Biggest Loser Challenge with some folks in my neighborhood. It was advertised on our neighborhood exchange site and two of my friends were joining in and so I decided, what the heck, why not?!?!? I am ready, I think I am ready, I hope I am ready! SO, I just jumped with both feet and I am really happy I did this. I needed it.Yes,  I joined another one of these kinds of challenges two years ago (October 2010, called SHRINKVIVIOR), it was super successful (just can't figure out why I can't KEEP the weight off), I know, I know it's all those yummy delicious desserts I bake and blog about. But, honestly, I bake, I bake and I give and give. I rarely have sweets in my house. I bake and give away. I give away so much, that if I make some really awesome cookies, my kids will have some, enjoy them and wake up the next morning and say "Hey, mom where are those cookies". And yep, I've already sent them out of the house. Food, is not my huge issue (well except fast food... oh In-n-Out Burger, LOVE IT!). I decided that what better way to bring my journey to the front of my life then blogging about it right here every week. Yep, I am gonna share for all too see. I am going back to what I know and love a "PLAN”.

Here is where I began my journey in 2009 at 38 years old, it's now 3 years later, I am 3 years older and YEP, you guessed it I am exactly in the same spot from October 2009, but it's January 2013. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? Okay, I am ready. I hate this extra weight, I hate begin tired and I WANT to be skinny and healthy.

I pulled out my plan from October 2010 from my SHRINKVIVIOR challenge and am using this for a base to start with this week. I hope that all of you reading this will start your own healthy challenge, in whatever way it works for you and your family. 
 
My ULTIMATE “PLAN” and Goals for this 10 week challenge!
1. First let me just say “do not worry” this is a cooking blog and believe me, I will be cooking (I've got lots of delicious dessert recipes stocked up to continue posting for all you dessert lovers, but my plan is to try and cook some healthy meals to share too). My number one most important goal is NO FAST FOOD (this will be easier this time around, as I have moved myself away from fast food for the most part) and HEALTHY COOKING (this will be the hardest thing).
2. WATER – WATER – WATER and YES MORE WATER. I have never been able to accomplish this but I am going to try so hard to drink 6 bottles of water each and every day. Can I just say it, “I won’t go to sleep at night until all 6 bottles are drunk!” (HA, let’s see that is a BIG GOAL, but I CAN DO IT, I am on bottle #4 right now and it's almost bed time, OH NO!). I came up with a little system, I ONLY drink cold-cold water, so as I grab the water from the refrigerator I have set a sharpie pen in the ‘frig and I will number the top of the bottle as I go throughout the day (and yes I have a super weak bladder too, so yeah I've been to the bathroom at least 16 times already, geez!!!). And SODA is cut off completely, this will be easy (this was one hard habit to break 3 years ago, but I will say this is one habit that has stuck)!!!
3. Starting a multivitamin. OKAY, sounds simple, but I hate taking vitamins. I have just never seen results and I think it’s silly to put extra things in your body. But, I am ALWAYS tired and need a jump-kick and my trainer says “I MUST TAKE A VITAMIN”, so here it goes. I have begun taking a multivitamin and a fish oil pill (recommend by my doctor). I have placed the bottle in the middle of my desk, so there is NO forgetting.
4. FRUIT – VEGETABLES – FRUIT – VEGETABLES. Let’s just see how many of these I can get into my body. This is for sure a down fall of mine!
5. Now my ULTIMATE WORKOUT ROUTINE. I have started a workout at 24 hour fitness with a friend. We are going everyday on my lunch hour and it works great fro me. I just want to stick it out, go without fail, no excuses and no backing out. I would also like to walk at the park a couple days a week, we try and walk 4 miles on Monday and Friday with a few friends, if I could add this to my 5-day workouts I think that will be a pretty good start.
Okay, SO READY to loose weight
FIRST GOAL: 10 lbs, I would love to just drop off 10 lbs and keep it off. I want to fill comfortable in my clothes again.

SECOND GOAL: My 10% weight loss, which at this moment in time is 18 lbs and that would bring me back down to 164 lbs (which is what I weighed here in October 2010, in this photo to the right).

Ultimate LIFE-TIME Goal:  I would LOVE to be in the 130’s, and yes I don’t even care if it’s 139. I am posting my weight here (because on The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans they say Coming to terms with the number on the scale can aid you in your weight-loss”)

 




Last Night's Weigh-In: 182
(I HATE this and I am so embarrassesd to publish this)

Goal for Next Tuesday Weigh-In: 178

Challenge goal weight (in 10 weeks): 164

Ultimate Goal Weight: 139


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder