5 Ekim 2012 Cuma

January 27, 2012: Buttermilk Chicken With Mushroom Sauce Recipe

To contact us Click HERE
Bookmark and Share
I bought some low fat buttermilk recently because I swore I’dseen a main dish entrée I wanted to try. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find therecipe so I was on the hunt for a dish I could make to use the buttermilksitting in my fridge. I found this one online and it wasn’t loaded withcalories – at least after I put my own twists on the recipe.
Buttermilk Chicken with Mushroom Sauce served with Skinny Mashed Potatoes and Sugar Snap Peas

Buttermilk Chicken WithMushroom Sauce
1 T. olive oil8 white mushrooms, thickly sliced4 pieces bone-in, skinless chicken pieces (breasts andthighs)2 cups buttermilk, dividedSalt and Freshly ground black pepper¾ cup flour½ t. dried sage1 can cream of mushroom soup
Place chicken pieces in one cup of buttermilk. Let sit inrefrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dishwith nonstick cooking spray. Add olive oil and place in oven to heat. Whenheated through (about 5 minutes), add sliced mushrooms to bottom of pan.
Remove chicken from buttermilk. Sprinkle with salt andpepper and dredge with flour.
Place chicken pieces on top of mushrooms. Bake for 25minutes. Remove from oven, turn chicken over and bake 10 more minutes.
Mix together remaining cup of buttermilk, sage and cream ofmushroom soup. Pour over chicken. Bake another 10 – 20 minutes, until juicesfrom chicken run clear.
To serve, place a piece of chicken on each plate. Whisksauce in pan and spoon over the top of each piece of chicken.
Serves 4

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder